Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Audrey's Hat

I've been working on a secret project....Audrey's Hat. As you can see from Sarah's blog, Audrey loves to put things on her head. Her favorite thing is a tupperware toy that she pretends is her hat. That made me think that maybe I should make her a hat.

This hat had no design or pattern in mind, just play and relief for me after refurbishing kitchen floors everyday. So each day for the past 4 days, I've cut a little, sewn, agonized over fabrics, tossed my stash around and played. I didn't take photos of the process because I didn't think it would work, but I believe that I have a really cute hat here, and I can't wait to give it to Audrey.

It was hard to make it without her here, to test for size. I used the bear, but he's just not the same as a baby girl - lol :)

So, this weekend I shall see Audrey and give her my gift to her, her very own hat. It's a secret though, so if you see her, don't tell!

I am going to make another one and I'll take photos as I go on that one.

No comments: